Thursday, April 8, 2010

Demi More speaks out on "extreme body obsession" and gives us all a lesson


Demi Moore spoke out about her history with her body and her image of it to Elle UK. She says stuff the we all need to hear.

On her body obsession:
"I had an extreme obsession with my body. I made it a measure of my own value. I tried to dominate it, which I did, and I changed it multiple times over. But it never lasted and ultimately it didn't bring me anything but temporary happiness. Does being thin resolve anything? No. The irony is that when I abandoned that desire to dominate my body, it actually became the body that I always wanted. But it only happened when I stopped trying to control it. At the end of the day, this kind of obsession is pointless and meaningless."

On the public's plastic surgery speculations:
"In truth, I wish there was a little bit less curiosity and fascination with how I look, whether it's good or bad. I understand it, though, and I know it's not something I can control. I only hope it's serving some sort of purpose.... It feels like school-yard name-calling a lot of the time. It hurts. You know what? Maybe one day I'll go under the knife. It just irritates me that people are constantly saying how much I've spent on plastic surgery."

No comments:

Post a Comment