Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Teary-eyed Naomi Campbell talks about anger problems and new love to Oprah; Getting over abandonment issues

Naomi Campbell went on Oprah and talked about everything from her anger issues to her relationship with the Russian billionare



Oprah: Whether it’s a cab driver or somebody on a plane or your own housekeeper and you don’t get immediately what you want, you said you see red.
Naomi: Yes.
Oprah: And then what?
Naomi: Then I don’t see.
Oprah: You just act.
Naomi: I act out

She comments on the people she has attacked in the past.
 “I feel remorseful. I feel ashamed. I feel for them,” she says. “[I think,] ‘What have I done to them?’ If I’ve hurt them.”
“I think it comes from a deeper place than that with me. It comes from another type of emotional disorder, because it’s not just, ‘I don’t get what I want. I throw,’” she says. “It comes from, I think, an abandonment issue, and it comes from also just trying to build up a family around me that’s not my immediate family. And if I feel a mistrust, then I really just…all my cards go down.”

Her mom responded to the abandomment issues of her daughter


 I do feel that I abandoned her,” Valerie said on the show. “Looking back on that, you know, you sort of realize that material possessions are not the only thing that a child needs. But, sometimes, that child needs its biological mother.”

Naomi begins to cry...

 “What are the tears for?” Oprah asks.
“I don’t know. Just my mom being here and her speaking about, you know, of course I understand the sacrifice she had to make,” she says. “So for me, I guess, I want to do better. I want to be a better person. I’m not proud of the things I’ve done in my life, and I’m striving to be a better person and to find peace.” 


We have talked about how to deal with anger management on several different issues.  Naomi said she has abandonment issues that stem from her childhood.  If you feel any these type of issues, we try and feel the void with something whether it be surrounding ourselves with people or feeling ourselves with food or unnatural substances.  None of this is ever good.  YOU can only complete YOU.  Nobody else.  What happens when all the people you surround yourself with are gone or drugs or food is gone, you will still have to deal with yourself at the end of the day and will still feel lonely.

 Dealing with abandonment issues starts with finding and then dealing with the root of the issue.  Once you are able to find the root of your problem and facing it, the healing will begin.  Self-love is loving yourself enough to know that you do not need people or things to complete you.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment