Friday, May 21, 2010

Simon tells Oprah he's 'bored' with American Idol; Knowing When It's Time for a Change

Simon Cowell told Oprah he quit American Idol because he was "bored."

Simon spoke with Oprah while 'on location' on the set of American Idol over a cup of tea.  Simon, in speaking with Oprah who is also leaving her show next year, said:

"I'm leaving probably for the same reasons you left. You just know that time's up. "I remember the first year when we did this, and it was like an adventure, and I loved that, not knowing if it would be successful, and the buzz, [and] we were kind of making it up every week. I loved that buzz. It was fun. I've always promised myself I would leave before I was forced to go."
Cowell will quit American Idol when the current season – the ninth – ends next week, so he can concentrate on launching a US version of his hit UK show, The X Factor.

It is nice that Simon knows when to quit.  Some of us do not know when it is time to quit something and try something new.  We tend to become stuck with things in our lives, though we really have no reason for being in those positions.   Dare to do something different and not be stuck doing the same ol thing year after year.  We only have one life to live, live it to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment