Friday, May 14, 2010

Christina Aguilera speaks out on Lady Gaga Comparisons and Negative Press; Erase the feeling of Obligation

Christina responded to the comparisons to Lady Gaga from her new video "Not Myself Tonight"
“I’m in it for the long haul, and a decade later in my career, I have nothing to prove. To anyone who wants to be negative, it’s like, ‘I’m obviously relevant enough to you for you to care and to talk and to evoke negative feelings inside of you.’ At this point in my career, I’m over any and all weird comparisons or negativity.”


She may have a point.  Christina has earned her stripes in the music industry and does not really have anything to prove. 

There are some of us who think that we have to prove everything to everybody, when in fact, we do not.  Nobody is owed anything in this world or life.  With the exception of work and some family, you do something it is because you want to do it, not because you feel obligated.  Remember that.  You do not have to prove anything to anybody, unless it is in YOUR best interest.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment