Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Eva Mendes Speaks on her Love of Therapy and Marriage; How we all can use therapy

Eva Mendes says that if she ever wanted to get married to her boyfriend, “I’d probably do it in my basement.”

She also says she is not quite ready for a family: “I’m honestly not there yet, but who knows? I’m not a planner — so if it happens, it happens. I have seven nephews and nieces and they keep me happy on that front.”

 She also spoke about her approval of therapy
 “There is nothing like going into a room and sitting down and talking to someone who has no emotional investment in your life.” The actress, who went to rehab in 2008 for an unspecified condition, said of facing life’s difficulties: “Fight them head on. Just be honest with yourself and face it. “I didn’t know how to swim, so I asked my friend to throw me off a boat. I know it’s crazy, but I did it and I survived.”

There seems to be a taboo against therapy, but in all actuality, every one of us could use therapy for different aspects of our lives.  Some use religion as therapy, some meditate, but it is all one in the same to some degree.  You can use therapy to help cope with the stresses of a job, a new move or school.  Going to therapy does not mean you are crazy, it only means that you are trying to find healthy ways to cope with life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment